Should the need arise, Hermitage Roanoke offers a nursing center for both temporary and long term residents. Our Person Centered Care approach provides customized care with the main focus being the best quality of life of our residents. Social, spiritual and plain old fun activities from games to outings to clubs are all centered on enhancing well-being, self-direction, value and purpose.
Our Activities Director, her staff and volunteers strive to engage residents at all levels of living with programs and activities that are open to all who wish to participate. Naturally, visits from friends and family are encouraged and welcomed at any time.
Our on-site Chaplain oversees explorations of faith, ecumenical worship opportunities and provides a comforting presence.
On-site Medical & Nursing Services
- Medical Director with Geriatric Specialty and Nurse Practitioner on site weekly visits
- Medical Director with Geriatric Specialty
- 24/7 Licensed Nurse and Certified Nursing Assistants on duty
- Registered Nurse available 24/7
- Personal care, assistance with activities of daily living, medication management and monitoring of specific health conditions, communication with physician and development of individual plan to meet individual needs
- Podiatrist on site monthly visits (Billable to Medicare)
- Lab services and mobile x rays (Billable to Medicare)
- Physical, Speech, and Occupational Therapies (Billable to Medicare)
- Emergency Nurse Call and Response System
- Pendant Alarms for Independent and Assisted Living Residents
- Consultant Dietitian Services
- Consultant Pharmacist and 24/7 on Call
- Personal Laundry Service
- Customized Therapeutic Diets
- Three Delicious Meals Served Daily and Planned by our Chef
Short-term rehabilitation is available for those recovering from surgery such as hip or knee replacements or other medical issues, with therapy provided by licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists. All services are performed on-site, whether in your residence or in our well-equipped rehabilitation center. Together, we create a plan, work with you, your family, your physician and health care providers to ensure your safety, independence and improved physical, spiritual and emotional health.
Respite stays at Hermitage Roanoke can be for a few days or as long as 30 days. We provide a warm, homelike experience, with full access to our services, including nursing staff around the clock. Our rates are very affordable and are based on the level of care and personal attention that is most appropriate for your level of living. We can also arrange for speech, occupational or physical therapy as desired.
You and your family will have the peace of mind of knowing you are being cared for in a safe, secure environment. We have been serving Roanoke families since 1964. Please contact our marketing director at and we will take care of the rest.